Tuesday, September 27, 2011

WICKER BASKET

I wanted to show you today my second spray painted project but to be honest, the pictures don’t show what I wanted to show you!! :( Does it make sense? Anyway, I decided that I will post it and hopefully in a couple of weeks I’ll show you a better pic --- (I’m working in another kind of project that will go with this one, so I’ll try to have better photos next time. But is still to early to know if it would work, so more on that later! )

So here is my little story:

I bought this wicker basket more than 6 months ago in a thrift store, it was cheap but it wasn’t in perfect conditionsbut I liked it a lot, so I decided to bring it home. If I remember correctly, I just applied some varnish that I had at home, and just with that the basket was back in life again! But the truth is that some of the damages were still visible…

This is the basket after the varnish!


A couple of weeks ago I decided to change it a little bit. I knew it wasn’t going to look perfect, so instead of trying to have a neat effect I went for something more rustic (…if that can be possible!). So I sprayed it first with a light brown colour (in fact it was just the leftovers of some wood spray paint that I used for something else), and once it was dried I sprayed it with white spray. I have to say hat I like the change, but my pics are very disappointing, because is not easy to see the difference! Sorry about that! But I swear I changed its colour! :)

This is the basket after the white spray paint!

Now I just need to find the right thing to put inside ….any suggestion??

No comments:

Post a Comment