Those are the ‘boxes’ as we found them----(I’m sure there is a more appropriate name but don’t know which, so if you know how to call them, please let me know and I’ll correct it!).
They weren’t too bad in fact. They just needed to be dressed up a little bit. So I sanded them, mostly to remove some kind of blue tape and glue that they had. Then I put the primer. I thought one layer would be enough, but I ended up doing 2 layers.
Once the primer was dry I used some painter tape to create some stripes. We wanted something fun and colourful, and we weren’t looking for perfection so we sprayed them, let them dry, and after that, put the soil and the lettuce seeds. And this is how they look like!