Friday, October 7, 2011

MINI-GARDEN

I love to eat fresh veggies and fruits. And although most people think I’m crazy, salads are one of my favourite meals! Have you ever though how great would be to have your own garden?! I spent the entire summer thinking that we should have a garden at home, but I knew that was a lot of work and a lot of time!. Now summer is gone and we don’t have a garden… but a couple of weeks ago, I saw these ‘boxes’ on the street (yessss, I found them on my way home! :) )
I knew they had a spot on our backyard! This is our easy way of having a mini-garden at home!

Those are the ‘boxes’ as we found them----(I’m sure there is a more appropriate name but don’t know which, so if you know how to call them, please let me know and I’ll correct it!).

They weren’t too bad in fact. They just needed to be dressed up a little bit. So I sanded them, mostly to remove some kind of blue tape and glue that they had. Then I put the primer. I thought one layer would be enough, but I ended up doing 2 layers.

Once the primer was dry I used some painter tape to create some stripes. We wanted something fun and colourful, and we weren’t looking for perfection so we sprayed them, let them dry, and after that, put the soil and the lettuce seeds. And this is how they look like!

Now we are just giving them tons of love and water, and hopefully we will be eating a home-grown salad soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment