Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I FOUND IT!

Do you remember that I was looking for something to put in my wicker basket? Well, I found it!!

Last week, I saw this branch lying on theground of the parking lot where we had our car. I liked it from the beginning. Although I thought (still think) it was a little too thin but as I really liked the shape, I decided to take it with me and see how it looked like.

So this is what I did:

I bought at the dollar store one of those floral foams (I’m not sure if this is the right name, but is one of those green squares/rectangles that are use to hold floral arrangements). I made a small hole in the middle and I placed my branch in it. Just to make it more stable I used some glue. I left it overnight, to make sure that it was dry (and also because it was late and I was tired! : ) )---That's also why I don't have pics of this! :(

Then I filled the wicker basket with some wood chunks that we had (we bought them last summer for some gardening but we never used them!). Well, the truth is that I only filled the top part with the wood, the rest was filled with some cardboard packing taken from our recycle bin.

So I put the cardboard, then some wood, then my branch glued to the floral foam and then I covered it with more pieces of wood. I was thinking of leaving it like that, but as I said, the branch is too thing so it looked like was missing something. Solution: another trip to the dollar store! I found tehre some artificial leaves that had the perfect fall colours. And the best part is that I even didn’t have to glue them, I just put them on the branch, using their natural spots and it worked.

I have to say that I really love the final result, perfect for the fall season…although I must hurry up because here we got our first snow last week!



No comments:

Post a Comment